sure I know what that means, if I don't like it, I don't have to deal with it again.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My cellular phone is out of commission, as yesterday I dropped it in my soup.

Today it is snowing. It's slippery out there for crutches. My converse have better traction. I need to put chains on my crutches to maneuver Harvard square.
I'm supposed to go to Buffalo tomorrow but I get the feeling that won't happen.

Yesterday I had improv after work. We had been squatting at MIT, but our instructor, Bob, discovered that MIT was throwing squatters out of 50 Vassar street, and no longer allowing non-MIT affiliated groups to loiter in their halls. So, for the evening he moved it out to his house in Wakefield.

...he never did mention that his mother lived there too.

As she sat semi-comatose watching Jeopardy, we had our class in the smoke-stained, Jesus and talking animal, vaguely homosexual magnet encrusted basement. We arrived early and the stand-up class was just finishing. My dear stand-up compatriots from Stand-Up 1, Tim and Dan, were in attendance. Tim was just going through his bit about comparing Jesus to Superman. It's a really obvious concept, but the execution is brilliant. Or at least the Romans thought so. "Superman had a girlfriend who was a report, Jesus had a hooker...who was a hooker." His whole bit's about being 30 and his attempt to hide it from everyone, "because if they find out you're 30...they...will...PERSECUTE you."

Anyway, then we had class. It was classy. Or the opposite of classy. We learned some good games. The only one that stands out is The Monster Off Stage. Basically you'd start by having two characters talk about a third, and his bizarre quirks. When he showed up, he'd have to display those quirks, then leave again, get a new quirk, and have to display the two quirks, etc.

Highlights included:
Aaron as the annoying kid on the ride at Disney, while Skippy played Cinderella, and Sue was the ride controller. Aaron picked his nose by choice, and had to pull skippy's pony tail, play an oil can like it was a piano and cry everytime you mentioned his mom. :-) I especially liked the way he rode off on the ride.
Skippy and Mike turning into the creatures that came from Wilma Flintstone's vomit.

No comments: